Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So, I don't blog that much, because I usually don't have much to blog about. Well, yesterday, school gave me something to blog about, all right.

I was having a good day up until third hour. We were getting notes for an upcoming test, we were actually running a little behind, but, oh well, anyway, some of the kids in my class don't really care about their grades too much and therefore weren't too concerned with getting all the notes, which I believe is a personal choice that should go without condemnation. (at least not too much, that is). Anyway, we had a minute left of class, so, being the top-notch students they were *cough, cough wink,wink* they were gathering up all their stuff. Well, then the bell rang, so they stand up and my teacher says that everyone who has their stuff gathered up can go. But as they're leaving, she yells out to one of them that, for the person with the worst GPA in the school, practically, he might want to focus on trying to get good notes.

First off, the bell had already rang, so almost the whole school was right outside the door. Second, she told him he could leave!
And then, to top it all off, she told another one of the teachers, who then was going to have him step down from the worship team because, "he wasn't living right"!!!

This made sooooo ticked when I heard it. Yeah, he needs to actually try to do good in school, but what happened was completely uncalled for, in my "humble" opinion!



Thank you... I shall now step down from my soap box before I get even more ticked from just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Ruthie Oberg said...

Bummer of a situation. Even teachers are human and "forget" themselves...and, unfortunately, sometimes even we get on power trips and think it is OK to humiliate someone if it's for a "good cause." I know that makes no sense...don't forget to pray for your teachers. It's a thankless job many days. Not every student is as wonderful as our Ariana!!! Would you let me know if I ever forget myself and behave that way? Like, maybe, a secret sign or something?

BTW: The day I bring banana bread for the class you were absent!!! Another bummer!