Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So, today was a long day, cuz my whole school was rehearsing for the school's Christmas program, which happens to be tomorrow! But, not only that, it turns out that someone on the dance team tore two ligaments, and she had a sign language solo!!!!! }:(
So now, I'm the one doing it for her, but I was on the other side of the stage, so I have to switch up pretty much everything I've learned so far. One of the girls who was already on that side was asking me to teach her, but not many people in the school can pick up sign language that quickly, (not that I'm meaning that as I'm the only competent one there) so that won't work. So now I'm stuck with it and I'm kinda freaking out cuz I won't even be able to practice with the music until tomorrow, the day of the program!
One thing that bothers me out of all this though, is that, since I hang out with my best friend a lot and she just happens to be a certified sign language teacher, it seems like everyone expects me to know it as well!!!!
I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW SIGN LANGUAGE, PEOPLE!!!!!

2 comments:

Guinevere said...

Kind of like everyone assuming your dad knows sign language just because your grandpa knows it. lol It's not an inherited trait! lol

Ruthie Oberg said...

You did great, though! I was very proud of you for stepping right in and doing it. Nobody in the audience even had a clue that you had just learned it. Way to cover it!